Oct 28, 2013

savvy sara

So lately I've been researching ways to save and make more money. There are so many resources out there it can get overwhelming. Here are some of the things I've found so far.

  • Sell stuff on Ebay! Everyone has extra stuff laying around the house that they don't need and can easily sell. Next time I'm at my parent's house I plan on going through all my old stuff to find things to sell. 
  • Do online Surveys/rewards sites There are multiple sites out there that you can earn cash, points, or giftcards from filling out surveys and doing tasks. Be on the lookout for a post about some of the ones I am currently using.
  • Direct Selling This is pretty self explanatory. There are tons of companies out there such as Mary Kay, Thirtyone, Origamiowl, pampered chef that are looking for consultants. Most of these require you to purchase a starting package but claim you can easily earn this money back with your first party. I have thought about doing this but haven't quiet decided.
  • Coupons using coupons is an excellent way to save money and there are multiple sites that show you what coupons to use in conjunction with sales to maximize your savings. I will be writing more on this in the future.
  • Free Samples There are multiple sites out there that list current free samples and freebies. This is a good way to try out new products
  • Save loose change a few quarters here and there can really add up. try keeping a jar near an area where you empty your pockets. Also look in your car and in the couch and seats.
  • Cut back on unnecessary expenses there are many expenses that you can cut back such as cable. Hulu and netflix make a good alternative and offer most shows.
  • Cash envelope budget system I've seen this pop up a lot in some of the blogs i've been reading. I plan on doing more research on this and imlementing it in November.
  • Eat at home eating at home and cooking really helps save some money. This one is hard for me as I don't really cook and I definitely don't do leftovers. but i'm trying to eat at home all but once a week. My goal is to get it down to only once per month except for special occasions.
 I'll write more on each of these as I learn more and experiment with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment